Strong qualifying performance for Porsche teamsStuttgart. In the qualifying for the season final of the World Endurance Championship (WEC) on the Shanghai International Circuit, Porsche teams put in a convincingly strong performance. In the GTE Pro class, Porsche works driver Richard Lietz (Austria) planted Felbermayr-Proton’s 911 GT3 RSR on the second grid spot. For Sunday’s race, he shares driving duties with his works driver colleague Marc Lieb (Germany), with whom he won the WEC round in Fuji/Japan two weeks ago. Pole position in the GTE Am category went to Paolo Ruberti (Italy) in last year’s 911 fielded by Felbermayr-Proton. His teammates in China are Christian Ried (Germany) and Gianluca Roda (Italy).
“That was the most we could achieve today,” said Richard Lietz. “The balance of our car was good. Early on we had a little oversteer, but it got better with each lap. This makes me confident for the race. I think we have a good chance over the distance.” Paolo Ruberti commented, “It’s always good to start from pole position. At a six hour race it’s not decisive, but it shows us that we have a good car. With Felbermayr-Proton we still have an outside chance of winning the team trophy. And we want to use this chance.”
The six hour race starts on Sunday, 28 October, at 11.00 hours local time (04.00 CET). The race can be seen live on the internet under www.fiawec.com. Eurosport broadcasts highlights on 30 October at midnight.
GTE Pro class
1. Turner/Mücke (GB/D), Aston Martin Vantage, 2:03.721
2. Lieb/Lietz (D/A), Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, + 0.750 seconds
3. Fisichella/Bruni (I/I), Ferrari F458 Italia + 1.666
4. Bertolini/Beretta (I/MC), Ferrari F458 Italia, + 2.646
GTE Am class
1. Ried/Roda/Ruberti (D/I/I), Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 2:05.584 minutes
2. Kauffmann/Aguas/Cioci (USA/P/I), Ferrari F458 Italia, + 0.252 seconds
3. Bornhauser/Canal/Lamy (F/F/P), Chevrolet Corvette, + 1.326
4. Camathias/Bell/Daniels (CH/GB/GB), Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, + 3.264
5. Bourret/Gibon/Belloc (F/F/F), Chevrolet Corvette, + 3.571
6. Krohn/Jönsson/Rugolo (USA/S/I), Ferrari F458 Italia, + 4.057
The World Endurance Championship
Sports prototypes and GT vehicles race in the new World Endurance Championship. They are divided into four classes that start together but are classified separately:
LMGTE Pro class: This class is reserved for slightly modified standard sports cars with 440 to 500 hp and a minimum weight of 1,245 kilograms (e.g. Porsche 911 GT3 RSR).
LMGTE Am class: Like the LMGTE Pro, but the regulations stipulate that only last year’s cars are eligible and there must be no more than one professional driver per vehicle.
LMP1 class: Sports prototypes with up to 550 hp and a minimum weight of 900 kilograms.
LMP2 class: Sports prototypes with around 440 hp and a 900 kilogram minimum weight.
Communication Porsche AG
Post a Comment