Thursday 2 August 2012

Porsche works driver Timo Bernhard makes comeback on the Nürburgring after injury lay-off


Porsche works driver

Timo Bernhard makes comeback on the Nürburgring after injury lay-off

Stuttgart. Porsche works driver Timo Bernhard (Germany) returns to the race track after more than four months of recuperation following an injury. This coming Saturday, Bernhard competes for Manthey-Racing in a Porsche 911 GT3 R with Porsche factory pilot Romain Dumas (France) as well as Manthey driver Jochen Krumbach (Germany) at the season highlight of the Nürburgring Long Distance Championship. The six hour race is contested on the combination of the Grand Prix circuit of the Nürburgring and the Nordschleife. As the innocent victim of a crash during an Audi test drive in Sebring (USA) in March this year, Timo Bernhard sustained multiple injuries involving the cervical spine.

“After the accident I concentrated totally on my recovery and rehabilitation from mid-April,” says Timo Bernhard. “Early in July my injuries were completely healed and I could embark on training specifically for motorsport. My doctors, my coach and I have worked hard and taken the right steps at the right time. I now feel ready to climb back into the cockpit. I’m as fit and strong as before the accident. Although I’ve contested many races all over the world throughout my career, I’ve rarely looked forward to driving out of the pit lane as much as I am right now.”

Communication Porsche AG
Motorsportpress
Oliver Hilger

No comments:

Post a Comment