Monday 6 June 2011

24 Hour Le Mans: The Dutch at Le Mans



Photo : Arnaud Cornilleau - ACO/Nikon

Winner at Le Mans in a Jaguar in 1988, Jan Lammers is back in La Sarthe driving the first hybrid prototype in the history of the 24 Hours. He meets his countryman Jeroen Bleekemolen, driver of the Toyota-Lola # 12 Rebellion Racing.

Jan Lammers: "When you drive in a race like the 24 Hours of Le Mans, over fifty, it's all about passion. And the fact of driving the first prototype hybrid is also writing history, it reminds me of the participation of the Rover-BRM turbine in 1965. And this year, I run against Jeroen, whom I've known since he was little! "

Jeroen Bleekemolen: "Jan and my father ran together in a Renault 5 Turbo, and it was always a big fight, they exchanged places all the time in the lead of the race. I remember very well having driven with them I was on their knees and I held the wheel! On the down side, I have no recollection of the victory at the 24 Hours of Jan, I must have been six years at the time. I am glad to be at the track. He is always fast, always passionate, and he helped me a lot when I was his teammate in the Dome he entered in 2007. "

Jan Lammers: "It's funny, even today, I hear a lot about decorating my prototypes with chequerboard! "

The 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans will be June 11th and 12th

Jean-Philippe Doret

lemans.org

Photo: LE MANS, technical and administrative scrutineering, June 6, 2011. Jan Lammers will share the wheel of the hybrid Oreca of Hope Racing with Steve Zacchia and Casper Elgaard .

No comments:

Post a Comment