Wednesday 14 March 2012

Lotus LMP2 Preview to the 12 Hours of Sebring


Lotus LMP2 Preview to the 12 Hours of Sebring

Lotus LMP2 is looking forward to contesting in the opening race of the newly created FIA World Endurance Championship being held at Sebring International Raceway.

The 12 hours race will take place on 17th March and is ranked among the classics in sports car racing. The team was also participating in the testing days that took place prior to the main event in Sebring on Monday and Tuesday. After the successful tests Lotus LMP2 is eager to show a good performance at its debut in endurance racing.

Thomas Holzer, Race Driver #31:

“I feel very honoured to be part of Lotus LMP2 and I am looking forward to racing in WEC this year. At the two days of testing we had this week I got more used to the car. The circuit here is quite bumpy and a mixture of quick and slow corners. I have never raced in Sebring before but I was told that the atmosphere is going to be very special with all the fans around the track. I can’t wait for the start of the race.”

Mirco Schultis, Race Driver #31:
“It is my first race here in Sebring and I only watched it on television before. There will be a lot of traffic with more than 60 cars on track. During the testing days I got more experience in the car and we could learn how the car behaves on this race circuit. Now we will work on the setup to be prepared for the upcoming test sessions. I am proud to compete with Lotus LMP2 this year and I am sure it is going to be an exciting first season in WEC.”

Luca Moro, Race Driver #31:
“I am happy to race with Lotus LMP2 this year. I have already raced two times in Sebring and the atmosphere is awesome. It is a physically demanding circuit because it is very bumpy, and that makes it also difficult to drive. At the testing days we could get some mileage and gained a lot of data that will help us to prepare the car for the race.”

Media contact:
Julia Spacek

No comments:

Post a Comment