Friday 13 May 2011

FIA GT1: Sachsenring Pre-Qualifying: What the drivers say ...

Sachsenring Pre-Qualifying: What the drivers say ...

Frederic Makowiecki, Marc VDS Ford GT No.41

“We are really quick on this track, but we need to wait until Qualifying to find the proper performance of every car. Nissan and Lamborghini are very quick in Qualifying. It’s really important on this track to start on the front, so starting on the front is a priority. I’m happy to racing here with Maxime (Martin), and I think pole position and victory are possible – why not?”

Maxime Martin, Marc VDS Ford GT No.41

“It’s better here than Portimao for sure. We have to see tomorrow how Qualifying turns out, because we don’t know who is doing what, what strategies they are on. We will see but we are quite confident for tomorrow. It’s also nice to have Frederic (Makowiecki) back – we are friends and we have the same driving style, which gives the car and the team a good balance.”

Mike Hezemans, Exim Bank Team China No.11

“The car is good for the circuit, and we have 20kg less so now I hope we are looking good. We didn’t try for lap time, we just really concentrated on set-up for Qualifying because we desperately want to get into Q3. We have less weight and hopefully that will make it better for us in Qualifying and the race.”

Alex Muller, Young Driver Aston Martin No.7

“We are thinking positive for the race, and I think we have a good set-up for it. For Qualifying tomorrow I don’t think our performance will be as great, but we will see tomorrow morning. I think the top six in Qualifying will be possible, and with a nice clean start and a good pit stop we hope to be in the points - maybe even a podium, which would be great. We look in good shape, but you need good traction around here and the Ford in particular looks very strong.”

Tomas Enge, Young Driver Aston Martin No.7

“This is a completely different track to Portimao, and we will definitely be fighting further up the field. I think realistically we are looking for P5 – both Marc VDS cars look really strong and the Corvette looks good as well. We feel positive, but I think the midfield differences in Qualifying will be really small and every tenth of a second will count – it could make all the difference. We are definitely more positive than we were in Portugal, but Qualifying and pit stops will be crucial so we will see how tomorrow works out.”

Karl Wendlinger, Swiss Racing Lamborghini No.5

“First of all I was here once but it was more than ten years ago, so I had to get used to the track. It’s an exciting circuit, you have to find the right line, find the right set-up and everything. I think we’ve made good progress so far, so I’m happy, especially with our performance in Pre-Qualifying. It’s difficult to say what we are capable of, but I think we showed well in Portimao and this track should suit our car even better. Anything can happen, the weekend can be over after one corner, but I hope we can improve the performance a little bit and have a strong result.”

Warren Hughes, Sumo Power GT Nissan GT-R No.20

“It’s great to be back. I’m here to do anything I can do to help the Sumo Power effort. That’s very much at the forefront of our minds. JRM have had the lion’s share of the Nissan glory so far and I’d like to do my bit to change that.”



Info: FIA GT1/Jeff Carter/Media Delegate/acreditated press media.





No comments:

Post a Comment